Love

Love

Sunday, January 24, 2016

The struggle is real

Back on the run training after a long lay off of just being run focused.  First track workout today.  I forgot how tough those can be.  By my 7th and 8th repeat i was about to fall off the treadmill.  I'm not normally a treadmill person, but with track workouts it makes you stay on pace. 

Honestly, it took everything I had to get up and get off the couch today.  After working all night sometimes I just don't want to do anything.  I'm glad I did though.  I needed to.  Not that work has been incredibly stressful these last couple of days.  We did have a 7.1 earthquake last night that was pretty exciting, but nothing else too bad.  Thank goodness because last weekend wore me out.  Things won't get done sitting on the couch.  Back at it this week.  So much to do, but this week should be a little more relaxed than last.  Still lots to accomplish, but at least I'll be at home and can stay on task.  Painting the living room will be my major task!

Making progress on my fitness goals though not as fast as I'd like to.  With that said, my progress or lack thereof  is purely my fault.  Even though progress is slow, it's progress and I'm making mental gains daily.  I feel myself getting stronger both physically and mentally.  Breaking years of bad habits is a struggle and doesn't happen overnight, but it's happening.  Back to work tonight.  I should go and get ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment