Love

Love

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Hammerman & Inspiration

Inspiration can come from many places.  Some get it from professional athletes, things on TV.  I'm lucky to be able to get my inspiration from the awesome people I am surrounded by.  I guess I'll recap the Xterra Hammerman race first.  Since my shoulder injury I went from a solo triathlete to a team.  Todd was our swimmer, a friend from work Nate Eastman was our biker and I did the run portion.  We did awesome.  Todd swam well, Nate knocked the bike out and I ran just ok.  We ended up 3rd in our division.  My highest finish ever.  Kikkan Randall ( yes the olympic skier) was on the first place team, The bikers from the Trek store were on the second place team.  So with those teams finishing in front of us I'm considering it a victory!
Team Nateapodd!  3rd place coed team Hammerman 2015


My good friend and coworker Sarah Moore won our age group!  I say our because it's the age group I would have been in had I raced as a single.  I'm coming for you next year Sarah!  I'm so proud of her I know how hard she's been training.  Our other friends did great also.   It was so nice to have such a great turnout of folks from our team.


The ANMC Crew

Another great happening is my friend Sara Sayre ran the Tahoe Rim Trail 100 miler.  This is a 100 mile trail race.  What an accomplishment.  It's truly an achievement as not too many folks attempt this much less finish it!  She'll now be sporting a new belt buckle that not many other people in the world have.  Great Job Sara!  This young chick has quite an athletic resume and is a great example to young runners everywhere.  Oh and she's a pretty good little nurse too!

Sara Rockin 100 miles!


This was a great weekend.  It is the first weekend I have not worked in a long time.  Racing with my husband on a weekend I'm off is such a bonus.  He's such an awesome husband, racer, coach, and my biggest inspiration and supporter.  I can't say enough how great it is to have someone who truly believes in you.


Post Race hugs

Well, there ya have it.  A recap of a lone weekend off! Quite eventful.  It's back to the work grind next weekend. 


2 comments: