Love

Love

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sickness and Healing

It's been somewhat a tough training week.  Came back from Salt Lake, felt great for a few days then not so much.  I've felt much worse before, but I've just been a little fatigued.  Coach Todd says rest and recovery is better than putting in "Junk" miles.  I'm sure he's right about that.  Today I was in the pool and cut my workout short because I was just so tired and not swimming very well at all.  Tomorrow I've got a 3 hour bike ride, most likely on the trainer.  Mental toughness to get through that is all I can say.  I'm going to do it though.  It's been nasty and raining outside for a while now and I'll gut it out.  I'm going to have a good breakfast and fuel myself and get it done. 

Last night I was looking at some of my old race results.  I was averaging 19mph on the bike in the past.  I've gotta up my game.  Now is not the time to work on strength in my training plan, but I think I've got my goal for next year.  Going to do a few races for fun with a focus.  Look at me already planning next year and this year isn't done yet.  Gotta live in the present, but prep for the future I guess. 

Training volume increases quite a bit this week and next.  I am enjoying this training and hoping I come out strong tomorrow for my ride.  I'm going to wear my race gear so it's simulation of race day.  Continuing on with nutrition practices as well.  Just like life and training you have set backs, just gotta keep going.  Overall I'm doing really well.  Ok time for a good nights sleep.  It's about time!  Been having a bit of trouble with that.  Somehow wish I could make this more interesting, however it's life...and life isn't always interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment